Friday, September 08, 2006

Peter Brock - Another Tragic Death

It's not been a good week for Australia with the death of Steve Irwin and now today Peter Brock's death in Western Australia.

Whilst none the less tragic, I suppose the death of Peter Brock would statistically have to be less unexpected. With high speed, no matter the skill of the driver, there is an inherent risk.

With Steve Irwin, however, although some claim that his profession was full of risk, I suppose the risk of injury would have been greater than the risk of death.

Still Peter Brock's death is none the less shocking, and I suppose there will be a nation of baby boomer motoring enthusiasts in mourning today.

Being involved in the death industry with my website Australian Death Notices, Funeral Notices and Obituaries, we are confronted with death evey day. It makes you re-evaluate your mortalitly.

I daresay that the events of the last week may provide a large dose of reality to many average Australians who just don't like to think about the inevitable.

They say things happen in 3's. I sincerely hope that's not the case this time.

No comments: